In Missoula, Two Great Sierra Club Events this Fall (2007)…
Tuesday, November 27th – Montana’s Energy Future.
Join us for this town hall-style meeting to educate and engage citizens and decision-makers on clean energy solutions and why coal is not the answer for Montana and the nation. We will have a panel of leading experts on energy issues in the West, including:
- Dave Hamilton, Director, Sierra Club's Global Warming and Energy Program,
- Sara Patton, executive Director of the Northwest Energy Coalition
- Ken Toole, MT Public Service Commissioner and former state senator.
Opportunity for Question/Answer and networking.
Location: Holiday Inn Parkside, ballroom
Time: 7:00 pm
Hunter/Angler Conservation Conference
Friday & Saturday, December 7th & 8th
University of Montana, University Center Theater
Opening on Friday evening with a showing of “Opportunity for All” a film produced by Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Conservation Visions. Following the film, is a presentation and Q & A with Shane Mahoney, the film’s narrator and Executive Director of Sustainable Development and Strategic Science, Department of Environment and Conservation, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, St. John's, NF. The evening will wrap up with a Sierra Club hosted social hour.
- 9:00 - 10:00; Morning program/breakfast
- 10:00 – 11:00; Global warming & wildlife impacts, David Stalling, National Wildlife federation
- 11:00 – 12:00; Bull Trout recovery in Montana, Mike Bader
- 12:00 – 1:30; Lunch-time Demos, with lunch provided.
- Fly-fishing/fly tying; Matt Wilhelm, Federation of Fly Fishers
- Proper use of bear pepper spray; Monica Fella, Sierra Club Grizzly Bear Project Coordinator
- 1:30 – 3:30; Lolo Peak elk and water resources, John Vore, MT. Dept. of Fish, Wildlife & Parks, John Ferguson, Ferguson Law Office and former Executive Director of Montana Water trust, and Steve Seninger, Economist University of Montana
- 3:45 – 5:00; Addressing the impacts of Energy development on fish & wildlife habitat; William H. Geer, Policy Initiatives Manager Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (invited)
Free, open to the public!!!!
Location: University of Montana, University Center Theater, 3rd floor
Time: 7:00 pm (Friday), 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Saturday)
For more information on these events contact the Missoula field office at 406-549-1142 or e-mail at email@example.com